Flight testing

Subject: Flight testing
From: Tony S. Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 10:18:03
I have had a few people ask me about the flight test programme that we
conduct here in New Zealand.

As a result of these enquiries I have been speaking with the flight test
coordinator at the NZ CAA and they have given me permission to reproduce
the flight test programme documentation on my web site.

It'll probably take a couple of weeks before I can massage it into a
format suitable for online use but as soon as it's there then I'll post
a message to the group.

Rather than fly the plane round in circles for 40 hours, the programme
here now requires the designated test pilot to sign a statement to the
effect that the aircraft has been tested and is safe to fly in all of
the tested manoeuvres and weights. This, in effect, means that the
aircraft has to be flown at all four corners of the weight and balance
box and through all speeds that the aircraft will be cleared to fly at.

Tony