Oil Pressure Sender - again

Subject: Oil Pressure Sender - again
From: Roger Anderson <Randerson@skewstacks.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 22:02:07
Following the recent replacement of my oil pressure sender and the posting by
Frank
Mycroft I decided to have a look inside my failed sender. In my case the
failure was due to the wire leading to the external terminal breaking off at its
connection to the resistance wire terminal post. It was a simple matter to
replace this wire using a slightly more substantial flex. Using a compressor I
have checked that the sender resistance increases with pressure as expected,
and since I haven't interfered with the mechanism, I am reasonably confident
that
I have restored the sender to full working order. Anybody suffering an oil
pressure sender failure may save themselves the cost of a new one (circa.
100.00p)
by investigating the cause of the failure.
Incidentally I have today ordered a flexible hose to facilitate the remote
mounting
of the sensor as per Duncan McFadean's aircraft, in the hope of eliminating
the vibration which apparently causes these failures.
    Roger Anderson G-BXTD.