Re: NOTAMS

Subject: Re: NOTAMS
From: Kenneth S. Whiteley <ken@kenwhit.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 22:01:39
 <002301c2665b$5f127f20$78362850@oemcomputer>

In message <002301c2665b$5f127f20$78362850@oemcomputer>, Ian Mansfeld
<ian_mansfeld@lineone.net> writes
>Not bad, but does anyone know how to get them listed by lat/long so that you
>don't have to wade through the lot? I did e-mail NATS about the poor user
>interface to NOTAMS, but am not suprised to have no reply yet.

Before the recent disastrous change, using the programme NOTAMPRO
(www.notampro.com) one was able to download the AIS files automatically
and display them on an interactive map. Notampro have introduced a fix
to continue to see the Notams graphically, although it is not quite as
simple. You could also set the Dutch site as the source of the Notams.

In principle the AIS site is not all bad, and one can set up profiles
which can be used repetitively or modified slightly. So far I have
failed to do this as it comes up with unexplained errors. There is also
a help file which explains how to use unlicenced farm strips in the
routes. In principle it is also possible to set up profiles for areas
where one might be local flying. It is also desperately slow.
Ken Whiteley