FLYER taildragger conversion progress

Subject: FLYER taildragger conversion progress
From: Miles McCallum <milesm@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 17:32:04
temporary slowdown at the moment - pressure of work, finances (or lack
thereof) small boy,  etc....

However, situation is:

design, stress analysis complete - awaiting report to send to the PFA.

Final scheme is Airex bulkheads with small amount of ply, 4130 leg sockets
for std tri-gear legs, 4130 compression tube linking tops of sockets, CF uni
tension strap set in fuselage skin linking bottom of sockets. layups are
mainly glass, some CF uni and relatively straightforward, even for a
retrofit.

leg sockets are made, preliminary layups complete, but a welding jig for
sockets is only 50% done at the moment - hopefully complete soon, so I can
finish it.

The intension is to offer it as a plans + leg sockets and compression tube
kit - all else is pretty much off the shelf, (although some of the harder to
get stuff like Airex may also be part of the kit) leaving the builder to
make thier own choices. When it's progressed enough to at least send out
installation instructions (inc colour pix) I'll post a message on the forum
... if you're holding your breath, it won't be until early next year.

Miles