Re: Strobe / Radio Interferrance

Subject: Re: Strobe / Radio Interferrance
From: kpav <kpav@uia.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 12:07:52
On 9/23/02 11:00 PM, "William Mills" <combined.merchants@virgin.net> wrote:

> At the low end of the radio frequency range; 118.000 to about 121.000, I hear
> loud clicks in time with my anti-collision strobe, which, if tuned for any
> length of time, is a bit like the Chinese water torture.  I should be most
> grateful if someone could let me know if this can be suppressed and if so,
> suggest what type and size of device I should fit and where to fit it.
> Regards to all,
> William Mills

Make sure that the drain wire in the wiring bundle is only connected to the
strobe power unit or proper ground terminal. If the drain wire is connected
to the strobe light housing then you will end up with a "ground loop" (not
to be confused with the taildragger situation) that will cause a lot of
noise, especially strobe firing.
The drain wire is the non-insulated/bare wire in the electrical cabling
provided with the Whelen system.