Re: Re :- Fuel Levels was RE:- Gates fuel lines

Subject: Re: Re :- Fuel Levels was RE:- Gates fuel lines
From: Brian Rauchfuss - PCD <brauchfu@pcocd2.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 15:35:29

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002, Nigel Charles wrote:

> side. All very clear and reduced risk of pilot mismanagement. With the
> existing system some faults will not be solved by turning on the back up
> pump when they would be with the parallel system. Whilst no system is
> perfect I think that the parallel setup provides better redundancy and
> gives a precise warning of low fuel contents without the risk of
> unnecessary fuel starvation.
>
> Nigel Charles

Do you use two gascolators for the parallel system?  I was thinking of
a modification of it which would still automatically bring up a reserve
side pump if the fuel pressure drops, but would join the two sides (using
a 1-way value to prevent backflow) and bring only a single hose through a
gascolator and to the engine.

This affords most of the benefits of the parallel system without the
weight and cost of two gascolators.

Brian