Painting and electrics

Subject: Painting and electrics
From: Paul Stewart <pauld.stewart@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 13:49:51
Two questions to the wealth of experience out there:

The recent postings about primers and paint has got me thinking. At what
stage have folk got on with painting. We do not as yet have an engine (or
any part of the fire wall foreward kit) and I recon are about 6 months away
---From finishing the majority of the construction stages. I'm in two minds
whether to then go on to filling, priming and painting and fit the engine as
the last job or  complete firewall forward before painting. What have other
builders experiences been ?

How does one start with the electrics. Sounds a bit basic and I am aware of
the circuit diagrams provided by the factory and have read The Aero Electric
Connection, but how do you go about turning all that into an electrical
system. I have envisaged starting with say the battery leads and just
letting it evolve from there but I don't know - are there wiring looms out
there, what does a bus bar look like and where do you put them ? Stuff like
that.

Any thoughts or advice from the group gratefully received..

Paul Stewart  #432