Remember what you read in the manual

Subject: Remember what you read in the manual
From: europabuilder@ntlworld.com
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 12:33:59
Hi All,

I think most people read the manual ahead of the part they are working on,
but if you're like me, you might not remember everything.

I am currently working on the GS stern post, which is coming along quite
well, except I looked at the control rod for the trim tab on the tail plane
and thought the gap from it to where the rudder starts looked a bit small.
I decided to check the size on the tail plane and it even measured to small.
At this point I started panicking but couldn't figure out what I could
possibly have done wrong as I hadn't trimmed anything off the upper fuselage
(except sanding it down by maybe half a mil.).  At this point I decided to
take the rear end of the plane off the stand it was mounted on and try the
tail plane.  Now I was worried, the trim tab was stopping the rudder
moving...

A quick call to Neville reminded me about the section in the manual about
cutting a corner from the trim tabs.

Panic over and the brain started working again, I even remember now that I
had read about someone else having the same problem as me:)  Happy building
to all those still building!

Cheers,

Mark.

Mark Jackson - +44 (0)7050 645590