RE: Looking down the road at batteries

Subject: RE: Looking down the road at batteries
From: Jim Thursby <athursby@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 15:16:48
Everyone seems to be forgetting that the 914 Rotax already has redundant
electrical systems. It has an alternator and it has a magneto that will
operate the fuel pump and minimal electrics in the event of alternator
failure. Lest we forget the battery which will usually (if you are aware of
the failure and conserve juice) outlast your fuel supply. I have flown over
some of  the worst terrain in the U.S. (the rockies) and my last worry is
the electric system in a Rotax powered aircraft. I would be more concerned
with fuel system redundancy.

   Jim Thursby