[Building] 914 Fuel Pump Power

Subject: [Building] 914 Fuel Pump Power
From: Tony S. Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 11:28:10

I have had the pleasure of having a 914 powered classic trike at my
disposal for the past few weeks. Early on in it became pretty obvious
that the design of the fuel pump power system was very critical on 914
powered aircraft. This particular builder had placed the primary and
secondary fuel pump controls on adjacent toggle switches which made it
very easy to accidentally turn both of them off in flight. The attention
span of a 914 without an electric pump running is around 15 seconds!

We have modified the circuit so that the primary pump runs independently
of the master switch and is turned on whenever either of the mag
switches is turned on. A pullable breaker on this circuit allows the
pump to be turned off if required.

Tony