Hobbs meter

Subject: Hobbs meter
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 03:02:37
Message text written by INTERNET:DJA727@aol.com
>I have just started the engine and now am wondering about installing a
Hobbs meter. Does anyone know of a clever way to trigger the Hobbs meter on
a Rotax 914? I am assuming that the threads on the oil pressure sensor are
metric, making a T fitting to an oil pressure switch a bit of a hassle. I
have installed an IK2000 engine monitor and wonder also if there is a way
to use that device to record engine hours.
<

As you are very unlikely to run the engine for any significant time with
the generator off line I used the generator warning light sense line to
switch the hourmeter. See attached Hourmeter Diagram.

Nigel Charles