Europa-List: rough running engine

Subject: Europa-List: rough running engine
From: kbcarpenter@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 20:37:30

has anyone with a 914 experienced the engine running rough at 7000'?  I was up
today and when bringing the turbo in by 35" manifold pressure, the engine ran
a bit rough.  It smoothed out when throttled back to 30", but I don't recall
this
experience before.  I am using aviation 100LL gas and TCP.  I went to a lower
altitude(2500') and it runs smooth as a sewing machine at 35".  Any ideas?
The prop was set for cruise at 5000 RPM.  Am having a wonderful time with the
test flying.  I tend to enjoy the flying so much that the testing not getting
done.  We have had poor weather for getting up high and that prevents me doing
glide tests and high speed runs.  Have not tried any loops or rolls yet, but
the day will come.  Now decided about flying to Oshkosh yet,feels like I am
rushing things a bit.
Ken
A123   N9XS