Re: Static pressure at fuselage openings/ Oshkosh.....

Subject: Re: Static pressure at fuselage openings/ Oshkosh.....
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 08:17:22
Hi! All.
Just back from the Oshkosh Experience. What a lesson in logistics and event
management. The site needs to be visited to be appreciated. Exceptionally
clean and tidy with all staff and Waste Management quietly busy behind the
scenes handling the needs of thousands of visitors to not only a
Homebuilders
Event but a Warbirds, Float Birds, Micro-Light and Military Air show
combined. I hope someone who subscribes to this forum from a more local view
point will pass on my appreciation to those concerned. Good to meet up with
many of the other world wide builders. Hope you all arrived home
safely,guys.
Sorry about the off topic ramble.....
with respect to flap drive slot closing may I point to the
flap/extensions/drive rigging guide tube and close out on G-PTAG. It works
well except with the question of fume ingress from the underwing loaded
aspect suggested below needing investigation although with my own Control
stick Boots fitted  using carbon monoxide "tell tales" I don't seem to have
any such problems.
Regards
Bob Harrison  G-PTAG