Re: RPM pickup

Subject: Re: RPM pickup
From: KarkelB@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 14:38:25
Hi Folks,
              i intended to use the edm-800 engine analyser from jpi
instruments for all my engine instruments and rpm. But i just recieved a note
saying that for rpm pickup, it  only works on engines with either a slick or
bendix magneto which i believe are standard on all piston engined planes. The
914/912s engine have dual capacitor discharge for the magneto. Is there
anyway of getting the two to work? I believe the same case would apply to the
micro monitor from rocky mountain instruments, but i think Bob Jacobson has
got it to work on his 912s. Can someone experienced in this field please
enlighten me on whether its possible to change a system built for magneto's c
work on capacitor discharge ignitions.

   regards Karim.