Fw: Euro 01 Washers

Subject: Fw: Euro 01 Washers
From: Brian Davies <bdavies@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 11:27:40

----- Original Message -----
From: Brian Davies
Subject: Euro 01 Washers

I  have just been assembling the aileron bellcranks and quick connect plates to
the push rod end joints in the wings.
I discovered that the AN4-10A bolt supplied appeared to be too long, leaving  a
small amount of exposed plain shank showing after assembling all the parts that
retain the rod end.  It was, therefore possible to tighten the securing nut
but still leave the assembly very slightly loose.  This would have caused
excessive
wear in the aileron control run over a relatively short time, which could
be dangerous.

I quickly sent and e-mail to Europa explaining the problem and the danger.  I
got
a reply within two hours from Roger Bull, who had checked a typical assembly
in the factory and found no problems.  He suggested that the EURO 01 washers
that I had might be too thin.  I checked and bingo! they were half the correct
thickness which should be .056" or 1.4 mm.  I found another pack in the kit
of parts and they were the correct thickness.

I am posting his to warn other builders and also to tell of the superb resonse
---From the factory.  Two hours from problem to solution !

Brian Davies kit 454