Re: List Support Site

Subject: Re: List Support Site
From: Paul Boulet <possible2do@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 09:40:31

 The prop sounds good but according to John Hurst in the Lakeland, Florida
office
the comparison is done against an old NSI hub that was NOT constant speed prop.
The new Airmaster is and solves the problem of constant readjustments.
John admits that on the 914 the Scimitar prop blades would do a better job at
altitude of grabbing a bite of thin air than the thinner Warp drive blades.  I
also understand from John that Airmaster is exploring getting wider Scimitar
type blades soon.  The two adjustable props are within $200-$300 of each other
so price is a non-issue.  In the US here I don't know of anyone flying with the
Rospeller/Propcon combination so getting service when you need it might be
a concern.  Finally, I sent email to Rospeller 3 days ago to inquire about a
purchase
and haven't heard back from them yet.... also not a good sign.
As I'm close to ordering my engine/prop/firewall forward kit I'd appreciate any
comments.  thanks!
Paul Boulet, A212, Malibu, California
  John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: Barry Wrenford has
written
an article about the Rospeller VP prop and the
Propcon CS controller for it, and about operating his Europa with them.

I have put it under Modifications on the List Support Site as it is a new (to
me, at least) propeller on a Europa.

See http://www.crix.org.uk

John Cliff
Europa Forum minder

The Europa Forum is supported by Aviators Network UK
In the event of problems contact