Re: Measuring washout on flaps

Subject: Re: Measuring washout on flaps
From: Bob Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 23:18:41
Hi! Simon.
Not sure about your set up but think about it..... Washout is to make the
inboard end of the wing stall prior to the tip. Thereby enabling the control
surface of the aerleron to be the last to stall. This means that the angle
of attack is greater inboard so that the stall starts there getting less as
you extend to the tip of the wing.
I think you are correct since when you turn it over the outboard end will be
less than the inboard end.
(IMHO of course!)
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG