Fixing TP5 and TP6

Subject: Fixing TP5 and TP6
From: Jeremy Davey <jeremycrdavey@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 18:47:59
One tip I discovered half by accident, and that I thought worth passing on to
the forum, if only so that it'll go into the excellent archive for use by future
builders...

When fixing TP5 and TP6 into the core, I managed to get some 5-minute Araldite
between one of them and the torque tube TP4. I realised before it had completely
gone off (TP4 was getting stiff to turn), but still tore TP6 out of the core
pulling TP4 free (the fix was a doddle, thanks to Neville).

On the next core, I simply fitted TP5 dry and glued TP6 in, inserting TP4 from
the TP5  end. Then when the Araldite had had some time to cure, I swapped TP4
round and glued TP5 in. This way none of the Araldite squeezed out when the
TP5/TP6 tube is inserted into the core has any chance of getting on TP4. You
also have time after inserting TP4 to clean off the Araldite squeezed out,
rather than rushing to clean up before TP4 can be inserted.

Regards,
Jeremy

Jeremy Davey
Europa XS monowheel 537M