Re: Oil Tank

Subject: Re: Oil Tank
From: Miles McCallum <milesm@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 14:54:19
If the breather line is long enough (usually over 18-20") the oil mist will
cycle back and forth, and you should get very little in the bottle.

From: "John & Paddy Wigney" <johnwigney@worldnet.att.net>

> Hi Dave,
>
> Very interesting suggestion on the breather vent. Can you give an estimate
of how much oil you are catching in the bottle ?

> Cheers, John
> N262WF
>
> DaveBuzz@aol.com wrote:
>
> >   As an aside, I ran the oil tank breather pipe up to a 125ml plastic
bottle above the pilots footwell and into it through the neck. With some
small holes drilled just below the neck, this vented the breather to ambient
pressure, instead of suction at the bottom of the engine compartment, and
collected the small amount of oil that does appear from the breather,
instead of spreading it under the fuselage.