fuel tank position - Caution

Subject: fuel tank position - Caution
From: Mike Gamble <mp.gamble@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 18:44:31
There have been several messages regarding tank positioning - mainly to ensure
that adequate clearance is maintained between tank and spar guides.
I obtained this clearance with the tank top almost touching the underneath of
the
headrest locker and the tank bottom about 2cm from the fuselage floor.
I carried out the sticky bit with the torque tube removed and there's the rub.
When refitted I found I had only about 1mm clearance between the torque tube and
the clamp holding the hose to the tank outlet - hardly enough I think!
Anyone else had this problem and found a suitable fix whilst maintaining enough
movement of the pitch control? I would appreciate some feedback.