Second Hand Europas

Subject: Second Hand Europas
From: Kevin Taylor <kevin@eastyorkshire.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:45:38
Folks,

I would like to generate a thread and see what response I get. Looking to get in
to Europas I have been looking at all options. Part built kits, syndicates,
share etc.

I have noticed a real trend and cant work it out.

There are a fair few kits out there that people are trying to sell part built
say
50% that they just cant sell, even at less than the cost of a kit form the
factory. Why?

I have seen two kits circa 50% built for 17K

Does anyone know how many kits are been sold at present.

There are also quite a few monos for sale out there around the 35K asking price
which again don't appear to be shifting. (I have no doubt they would let them
go for less)

Surely if someone wants one it is actually cheaper to buy a kit that is flying
than build one even if you do EVERY bit of labour yourself.

One I know has done 30 hours cost 55K to build and he cant sell it for 35K. (I
am confident the build quality is excellent as it was closely assisted by very
well know individuals)

Anyone got any comments why this should be the case?

Anyone disagree with my comments and seen a different trend in there area (I am
in Yorkshire)

Cheers

Kevin