3/8inch Alum Tubing...

Subject: 3/8inch Alum Tubing...
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 15:13:24
Cheers,
        It occurred to me I haven't mentionned a 'coup' in the 3/8inch alum.
tubing fuel line affair. I had great difficulty in aligning the 90deg outlet
fittings to the fuel selector threads such that, at the correct alignment
there was the proper torque on the fitting (alum/brass contact).
        Those who are contemplating the same fuel lines might want to check
AirSpruce catalog, AP section, HOSE FITTINGS - ASSEMBLIES Page, or a
www.Aeroquip.com and search for part no. 8891. I am quoting from 2000-2001
catalog as loaned my latest out and it never returned.
        This fitting almost replaces a banjo fitting. By that I mean it is
flared both ends, so that a pipethread straight-through fitting is needed
for the selector, and then the 8891 adds 1.5 inches or so during the 90deg
turn.
The real advantage here is price - about $US7. It is steel so, precautions
between different metals required.
        Hope this may be useful,
Happy Landings
Ferg  A064