Straight edge

Subject: Straight edge
From: Jeremy Davey <jeremycrdavey@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 03:11:42
I'm sure there's an easy answer to this question, and as a non-engineer I'm
going to kick myself when I see it, but here goes...

I've been looking for a suitable straight edge. As I understand it, I need
one at least about 1.5m long for jobs like the rudder hinges, so the 1m
aluminium rulers I've found are no good (although no doubt they're good for
other jobs). All the bar, tube, angle, box, strip, channel, t-section, and
i-beam steel and aluminium I've found in DIY and trade shops are not true
when I look along them, so they're no good.

Ideally I'd like it to be light and slim for ease of handling

Any suggestions on what to use and where to get it?

Thanks and regards,
Jeremy

Jeremy Davey
Europa XS monowheel 537M