Re: XS Cowlings

Subject: Re: XS Cowlings
From: Michael Parkin <Mikenjulie.Parkin@btopenworld.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 20:22:40
Tony,

        If you cleco the top and bottom fairings together, cut a hole
centred on the join at the front to the same size as the first lip of the
reduction gearbox.  The gearbox then supports the fairings while the other
holes are drilled.  Once you have a good fit, open up the front of the
fairings to give about a 1 inch flange.  If you are using the airmaster
prop, it is fairly easy to open out the 2 fairings at the front left to
allow for fitting of the sensor/brush assembly.
If you would like me to email the relevant pages from my manual (914
version), let me know.

regards,

Mike