Re: spinner

Subject: Re: spinner
From: Alan D Stewart <alan.stewart@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 06:50:32

That was my discovery when I tried it a few years back, Jim.

There are a number of known solutions to this problem.

At the moment, and for the last couple of years, it is fine
(insignificant vibration at most RPM), due to appropriately placed penny
washers, at the three potential attachment points near the base of the
prop blades.

Many have used professional balancing. I used trial and error on several
flights.

However, an important preparation was to ensure the spinner cone itself
was within tolerable limits from the point of view of shape and weight
distribution. Some rubbing down was involved.

I'm sure much advice will be forthcoming on this.

 Alan