VH-KIT Speeds etc.

Subject: VH-KIT Speeds etc.
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 10:33:43
 <4.1.20020315211735.009cc370@pop.ozemail.com.au>

Rowland and others interested in Mal Mc Lures plane,
Here is what I have in the first 4 hours of VH-KIT. This is a classic
monowheel, fitted with a 914, an inflight adjustable Warp drive prop, and the
speed kit.
Test flying was performed on a less than desirable 36-38 degree day at sea
level, and the program conducted at 4000' with an OAT of 30 degrees.

100% power / 5400 RPM / 34"MP / 22-23 LPH / 140 kts CAS / GPS 156-160 kts
/    "     136       "
/    "     120       "

With a prevailing tailwind, a big one, the GPS at VNE read 210
knots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Has anyone indicated faster??)

Reg
Tony Renshaw

>>I am writing to tell those interested of the first flight of Mal and Kathy
>>Mc Lures a/c.
>
>Tony - great to hear of another first flight. That would be kit 269,
>VH-KIT which I understand is a classic monowheel. Have you any hard
>numbers? I'm after date of first flight, aircraft empty weight, who
>was the pilot, which airfield was it at, anything like that! I'm
>guessing that Mal & Kathy are not on e-mail or they might have been
>reporting the good news themselves. Don't break a leg, but anything
>you can feed back is good.
>
>regards
>
>Rowland
>

>| Rowland Carson   Europa Club Membership Secretary
>| Europa 435 G-ROWI   PFA #16532   EAA #168386
>| e-mail <memsec@europaclub.org.uk> website <www.europaclub.org.uk>

Reg
Tony Renshaw
Builder No.236