Re: Engine compartment temperatures

Subject: Re: Engine compartment temperatures
From: Terry Seaver <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 09:44:04
Goldyfire@cs.com wrote:

> Dear Terry,
> Which exhaust system has your 912S?
> Last year Europa changed from the cylindrical muffler Heggerman type, to the
> oval Falcon type which allows for more air to flow over it! Has anyone had
> overheating with the new type?
> Derek
> 167

Hi Derek,

We have had two of the oval type. The first had a slip ring interface to the
header pipes, which had failed by the third flight (the small retaining springs
lost their tension). The slip rings also leaked some exhaust gases that made
its way into the cabin, via the upper cowl louvers. We later got an oval
muffler with ball joint interfaces to the header pipes. The muffler retaining
springs on that system lost their tension after less than 50 hours (on the
starboard side).

regards,
Terry Seaver
A135/N135TD