It flies at last!!!!!

Subject: It flies at last!!!!!
From: Tony Renshaw <tonyrenshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 21:27:21
Gidday,
I am writing to tell those interested of the first flight of Mal and Kathy
Mc Lures a/c. This a/c is a work of art, taking 5 1/2 years and probably is
a 5000 hour aeroplane. It came in a little heavy, in fact a lot, but Mal
and Kath built it to suit themselves. The panel weighs a ton, and he
operates a 914 with a Warp drive, electric prop (sorry, forgotten the
type). It was operated on the fine pitch stop and indicated 120 knots with
5050 RPM, and if the pitot system is anything like the rest of the
aircraft, it will be accurate. Once the prop was taken out of the fine
pitch it indicated 130 knots without a problem, with bags of RPM and prop
to go. The prop would have been exercised more except the only floor for
the whole day was the prop indicating readout was see-sawing in numerical
display, a glitch Mal needs to sort out. Other than that it climbed at a
shade under 1000 FPM at gross with the increased gross weight mod.
Without doubt this aircraft is the most finely crafted homebuilt in
Australia and I am proud to say on Mals behalf that it is a Europa. I am
sure Europa are proud of every Europa that flies, but this is a very
special plane!
Well done Mal and Kath
Reg
Tony Renshaw