"does that day ever come?"

Subject: "does that day ever come?"
From: John & Paddy Wigney <johnwigney@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 09:43:40
<Paul.Atkinson321@btopenworld.com>
   Thanks to all for the very useful replies. I now have a much better
idea of how much grass I shall need. Any thats left over I shall smoke.
I am thinking ahead a bit till the day when I am fully in control of my
take-offs and landings (does that day ever come?). Until then I will fly
---From a long hard runway. Paul>>>>>

Yes Paul, I am sure it will get better. It just takes a little time, I
certainly recommend a nice long runway for early flights, it reduces the
pucker factor. I have done all my flying off a hard runway but believe
grass may be a little more forgiving (Any comments out there ?)  if you
don't mind all the mud and grass in the wheel well..  I started flying
my mono XS on December 4th, 2001 and I now have 43 hours and 114
landings behind me and my flight test programme is complete. Yesterday I
took my wife, Paddy, out as the first passenger. She really enjoyed it
after a little early apprehension about some light turbulence. Take-offs
and landings just need practice and they get better as time goes by.
Xwinds do need care, but that is typical if one flies a tailwheel plane.
BTW, I recommend you smoke the grass AFTER the flight, not before.

Cheers, John