Fred, ferg and diesels

Subject: Fred, ferg and diesels
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 23:03:25
"since recertification for lower than 100LL would start a new 18-year
statute of repose for tort liability. "

Fred,
            Who am I to argue - I don't even know what the above means -
except that there's the devil to pay. Nevertheless we are getting nearer to
the day when so few commercial aircraft (non-turbine) will demand the
product that I'm sure it won't be available in Canada, nor probably in
Mexico, and you're hard put to find it in about 75% of the world unless you
make special arrangements - and the cost will be a factor. There goes
exterior visits.
            Whereas turbo will soon be universal, even at Ma-and-Pa fields
(I think) in order to cater to a new breed of engine. I'm sure there will be
conversion 'kits' and all kinds of schemes for the change. I believe price
will be the final decider - something like 80/87. You can have it, but
there'll be a surcharge on small orders (turbo goes in big batches when it
goes into most tanks).
            Naturally, I hope you're right. Who wishes bad things on
buddies? I just think that the advantages are much the same as digital
instrumentation - possible.
            Nevertheless, this discussion seems to have escaped the large
periodicals, eh? I don't think that's 'experimental'.
Regards, Ferg