Re: Rotax 914-avgas or Mogas

Subject: Re: Rotax 914-avgas or Mogas
From: Augustene Brown <augustene@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 18:36:26
Paul;

I don't think you will have problem with vapor lock.  Both the 912 and the 914
have a fuel return line to the tank. When the fuel pump is turned on  fuel will
flow to the carbs filling the bowls, the rest of the fuel will return to the
tank. As long as the pump is running there is fuel in the lines. I've have to
shut down at a towered airport  more than once, due to cyl head temp at
redline. When clearance is given  for takeoff, the engine restarts within two
or three blades, and I live in Florida.

Jim Brown
N398JB