Re: Acetone and MEK

Subject: Re: Acetone and MEK
From: Rob Housman <RobH@hyperionef.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 11:06:46
You DRINK vinegar????

Rob Housman
A070

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of eckel1@comcast.net
Subject:  Acetone and MEK

I learned as a teenager how potent acetone is.  I had an unmarked glass jar
with acetone in it. To find out what I had in the jar I opened the lid and
took a strong sniff. Instant headache.  I use acetone on the Europa only
when necessary and I use vinegar for all my epoxy cleanup. It is cheap and
you can drink it.

Yesterday I bought a Safety Works Respirator. Good for paints, stripping
paint, pesticides/fertilizer, dust, and fiberglass.  I used it today and did
not smell anything, it seemed to work well.  It is not the most comfortable
mask I have worn, but it works the best.  $28USD at Home Depot and it has
replacable cartridges. A small price for potentially flying the Europa for
more years.

John Eckel, A230