Aileron final attachment

Subject: Aileron final attachment
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:11:39
Nigel Charles wrote:
> Whilst we are on the subject of aileron fitting it reminds me that it is
> worth leaving fitting the anchor nuts until final fitting (even after
> painting). This way repetitive fitting in the meantime is both easier and
> it doesn't wear the anchor nuts. Just keep using the clecos until you are>
sure it will be the last time.> Nigel Charles

An excellent idea. I had a large hoard of nylon NF bolts and nuts in the
most common sizes, so installed the captive nuts but put the nylon machine
screws in them for temporary fitment. Then I circled the offended screws in
red on the applicable manual page and a red dot at the outside corner of the
page as a check against final assembly.
Happy Landings
Ferg A064