Re: virus

Subject: Re: virus
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 11:01:55
> My norton anti virus scan says you are infected
> Pete McNamara (G-DAMY)

Well, my Norton A/V  (definitions of 30/01/2002) didn't say that.

All messages are now in text-only so it should not be possible for them to carry
viruses.

If you have any further information, Pete, such as the name of the virus or a
copy of the message quarantined by Norton A/V, please would you send it to me
(privately, at john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk )

BTW, the odd-looking message sent yesterday by 'ecvdbeek' (who is a subscriber)
looks to me as if it might have been originated by a virus, though very little
was left by the time it got to us and is not hazardous

John Cliff
Europa Forum minder
.