We're Moving Tonight - Please Read

Subject: We're Moving Tonight - Please Read
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 21:27:12
Dear All,

This forum will move to its new server at midnight tonight, UK time (GMT),
00:00UTC.

You have been subscribed to the new forum, you should need to do nothing to
continue to receive messages.

The address for posting messages to the forum has changed to
<forum@europaclub.org.uk> .  Please use only this address after midnight.
Please do not use the old one thereafter.  If you have the forum address in your
address book then please change it to the new one.  Do not Reply to a message
posted before the changeover, unless you know how to change the address it will
go to, and make it <forum@europaclub.org.uk>, as it would go to the old address.
You will be able to tell a message from the new forum as the subject line will
be prefixed "[Europa forum]", which is different from the old prefix.

The forum address is now within the Europa Club domain.  This does not and will
it is open to all comers and will remain so. (We also welcome new members  :-)
)

When the new forum is seen to be operating satisfactorily your subscription to
the old forum will be cancelled and the old forum list destroyed.  You need take
no action (though you may unsubscribe immediately if you wish).

The archives maintained by the mail server should be carried on seamlessly from
the old forum to the new forum (and Andrew Sarangan's web-archive should also
carry all messages from both old and new forums).

There are some changes from the old forum.  All messages are delivered in plain
text, even if posted in HTML, and no attachments are permitted.  This means that
you can post in HTML if you wish to and you won't be nagged any more !  :-) .
More importantly it means that virus transmission through the forum is
impossible.  If you have a file (often a picture) you wish to share with other
subscribers, please send it to me and I will put it on the List Support Website.

The message headers have been altered so that pressing Reply will automatically
send the reply back to the forum.  Previously, doing this tended (particularly
with Outlook Express) to send the reply back to the message author only with no
copy to the forum. If you have previously configured the settings on your own
e-mail client so that it automatically does "Reply-to-all", please now switch
that off again, and only use plain "Reply" when responding to postings on the
new forum.

Aliases are available.  This is a means to nominate more than one acceptable
posting address for your subscription (home and office, say) but only receive
one incoming message stream.

Digests (batched messages rather than each one separately) will be available BUT
are believed not to be working correctly yet.  Please don't try to use digests
until a working status is announced.

You may change your own subscribed address and some configuration details of
your own delivered messages (if you are lucky enough to understand what they
mean!).

A web interface is available to allow you to change your details.  The means of
getting to it is described in the new FAQ, which will be available on-line from
the time of changeover.  Pointers to the FAQ site are on the Club website
(<http://europaclub.org.uk>) and on the List Support website
(<http://crix.org.uk>).

If you have problems with the new forum, or if you would like your subscribed
address changed if you are unsure about doing it yourself, please contact me at
<john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk> .

John Cliff
Europa Club List Forum minder