Re: Hydraulic stand/trolley for a single wheel

Subject: Re: Hydraulic stand/trolley for a single wheel
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 20:39:06
 Classic

>Is there anyone on this list with a good design for a hydraulic
>stand/trolley for a single wheel Classic?

Mark - Roger Huttlestone (see the FAQ about trailers) who supplied my
covered trailer includes in the package a dolly which does exactly
that. Mine is at present over in the hangar at Kemble and for the
past month or two (until this very afternoon when we rigged the a/c
and left it standing on its own feet) has been supporting Tim
Houlihan's fuselage very satisfactorily. No doubt Roger would be
prepared to produce the dolly without the trailer.

Also see the FAQ about dollies, as you may not need what you think
you need - many other folk have found a home-made welded-up or wooden
stand is all they need.

>it should keep the fuselage stable when the wings
>are off.

You should note that in our experience that condition is not
maintained if you let the jack right down with the U/C extended and
the wings off ..... :-)

regards

Rowland