Re: Cling Film - warning

Subject: Re: Cling Film - warning
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 22:46:02
Cheers,
            May I add an opinion?
            I was warned about using any material which might contain
petroleum contaminants (such as are used to control the rolling of fabric
goods, or lubricate film materials) IF the surface is to be used for further
epoxying later. While MEK cleaning should rid it of these, it is better to
avoid the use initially. If faced with releasing molds I have used peelply
and THEN covered with polythene, since there is little chance of a
contaminant migrated inward thru the ply, but the excess epoxy is
nevertheless capillaried thru the ply to the plastic surface.
Happy Landings
Ferg A064