Flap push rod and clearance for Andair selector

Subject: Flap push rod and clearance for Andair selector
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 12:19:44
I still have the cockpit out of the bathtub and am doing all the little
bits and pieces. I am almost complete making a nice recessed box on the aft end

of the console in the cockpit.  It is about an inch and three quarters deep
to get the Andair selector valve below the surface and away from my elbow.
I was feeling pretty proud of my accomplishment until I placed the wheel well
aft bulkhead in position.  Through the  cutout for the flap pushrod in
the bulkhead I got a dandy view of my little box! There  is not a good
illustration any where showing the pushrod going through this  area.
What kind of clearance is there around the pushrod for a recessed Andair
selector valve with  its little torque tube  and universals going down
to the actual valve on the bottom of the fuselage?  Does anyone have
photos  of this?  Since the cockpit is not is the fuselage I don't
have  a good idea on where the push rod ends up and how it is
routed.   Has any one done  this  exercise yet?

Thanks  for any input

Steve  Hagar

A143

Mese, AZ