RE: Pitch trim damper

Subject: RE: Pitch trim damper
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 11:38:55
Dave:

Just recently finished that job.  I didn't have to cut my bolt either
it was right on the money.  Friction was high on my unit also, until I wore
away the zinc chromate that I had painted the plates with.  I also
sprayed  some WD-40 under the friction pads.  Every thing runs nice
and smooth when running the little electric  actuator.

Steve Hagar

A143

Mesa, AZ

I am installing the pitch system in my monowheel glider and
notice that the friction is very high. I have not even gotten to the nylon lock

part of the nut and the friction seems too much. Is that thing lubricated? I am

planning to press on, since I know it is installed correctly and assume there
must be some friction there.

The plans call for cutting the bolt to 1.1
inches, but it measured that dimension right out of the box -- no cutting
needed.

Any tips on this out there?

Dave Anderson
A227