Mounting capacitance fuel gauge

Subject: Mounting capacitance fuel gauge
From: Frank Mycroft <frankm@clara.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 19:35:09
The Europa in which I have recently acquired a half share* (I am almost ashamed
to admit that I didn't have any part in its building) has its capacitance probe
mounted in a standpipe behind the tank, fed and vented through the fittings
originally designed for the sight tube.  No tank cutting required, easy access
(you can get at the nuts), and takes up very little space.

On the subject of fuel on hot surfaces, another popular demonstration is to drip
petrol onto a red-hot plate - it just evaporates, and then drip diesel - it
goes bang!

Frank Mycroft

*Rowland - its G-BWYD