Re: Viton seals

Subject: Re: Viton seals
From: Nigel Graham <nigelgraham@intercept.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 10:34:02
Actually, it's not just the drains that need "O" rings.
A long time ago I elected to replace the "Morphing" plastic tank with a
"conventional technology" 5251 magnesium alloy unit (110 litre capacity
for the same installed weight).
I used a custom 24" Avelec capacitance probe (threaded fitting). Since
the gauge will indicate zero if the probe encounters water, I also
fitted four strategically positioned optical level sensors to give me
belt-and-braces redundancy.
It is this plethora of punctures that need sealing.

Nigel