EFIS/One

Subject: EFIS/One
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 12:26:24
Forwarded from the bounce bin.  Message is from
Lyle Antieau <antieau@home.com>

I haven't seen anything about Blue Mountain's EFIS/One.  I put down a deposit on
one at Oshkosh.  It's an entire panel for $8800, including a solid state gyro,
moving map, an autopilot and a flight director.  The the maps digitized maps
---From maptech (http://www.maptech.com).  The map database includes terminal,
sectional, WAC, IFR low, IFR high, and IFR procedures.

I plan on adding an ASI, Altimeter, and a TC, just in case my EFIS fails.  I've
spoken with my FSDO, and there won't be any problems getting an IFR approval for
the installation.  I understand that he uses the ROckwell GPS engine, and it's
near IFR approval, so eventually, this thing should even be legal for
approaches.

You can check out their web site at http://bluemountainavionics.com

Lyle Antieau