XS T.E. top skin

Subject: XS T.E. top skin
From: Kevin Klinefelter <kevann@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 20:22:09
Hi all,  I am fitting the stbd. wing skin and have a couple questions. The
outboard rib that is not attached to the aileron closeout needs a couple
layers of bid to the closeout. That's what I read a few weeks ago. I spose
the aileron should be on the wing with "parcel" tape as a spacer tween the
aileron and said closeout, like the book says to do when you redux the skin
on (p.9-12).  This does not seem like much of a spacer. Is this assuming the
aileron is filled, finished, even painted? And that last rib is up even with
the closeout on top. There is no recess in the underside of the skin ( like
at balance boxes and spanwise stiffener), so the skin does not sit flat
there. Do I have to cut out the foam sandwich above that rib? And if so does
the skin need some glass over the cut out area?
  Also, the aileron seems to sag a mm or so at the tip. Can I get that to go
up a little by heating  the whole thing and bending with a little weight?
The aileron is not yet post cured. I guess that's more than a couple
questions.
   I put the triangle tip closouts in, backwards from the instructions,
smooth side out and they look good. Maybe lower drag. Thanks Jim Thursby.
                                 Thanks,  Kevin Klinefelter
                                              A211  Bishop CA