MG panel

Subject: MG panel
From: Rob Neils <RobNeils@aimcomm.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 12:34:28

This posting is mainly for the Europ MG builders who will be using the
Bergelt vario system.

I've just re-re-modified the Europa motorglider panel.

The first iteration was to make the instrument section detachable for easy
fixin' as necessary.  Once done, I inserted instruments into a beautifully
laid out, water-cut panel...only to discover that the Bergelt Vario was
about 3mm too deep...butting against the firewall.

So I took the panel apart and cut it up to mount the detachable section
whereupon I mount the instruments an inch closer to the pilot to clear the
Bergelt vario's backside.  This keeps the "backside outta da fire!"

The Bergelt is used with the WinPilot progam
http://www.segelflygaren.com/eng/winpilot.htm.  If you haven't discover
this set-up, take a look.

And remember, "Glider pilots keep it up longer!"

Rob Neils