Looking for diesels ---

Subject: Looking for diesels ---
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 17:25:25
Ah, well......

Subject: Considerations.....
Sire:
I have looked everywhere for an applicable address but found
none, so write to you on the following topic:
I am building a mark 1 Europa composite 2seater. I will install
a Wiksch120hp DIESEL engine next year.
There are a number of reasons for doing so .Etc,ETC.

What I cannot find is an expert willing to discuss the
applicability of these or any other facets of compression -ignition design
which might impinge upon homebuilt construction. I find most aviation
publications loathe to discuss many of these issues, but that they need
illumination if/when fuelmakers decide to abandon high-octane fuels.
Could you point me in the direction of someone willing to do so,
please?
Thank you in advance, and Happy landings,
Ferg Kyle 498700   Europa #A064

Dear Ferg: As you state in your letter, experts are few and far between
that know diesel aircraft engines. We do not have an expert in the EAA
ranks. I suspect you are "breaking new ground" with your work. Hang in
there. If we find somebody that can contribute to the field of knowledge,
we will holler. All the very best, Norm Petersen.