Another First

Subject: Another First
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 16:03:02
Forwarded from the bounce bin.  Message is from
Mike Clews <MikeClews@compuserve.com>

Monday 13th.Aug. saw the maiden flight of Europa G-OMIK from White Waltham
in Berkshire. Flown beautifully by Frank Chapman, on a warm breezy
afternoon,
our Europa performed as we had both hoped, the only glitch was the trim
switch
operating in the wrong sense!     Naturally a few ginger beers were downed!

Builders, Mike Clews / Mike Duncombe have spent  over 5 years in the art of
building
this machine,  we even enjoy playing with epoxy now!  As you can see from
the reg.
any prospective members of our group - "MiKite" - are required to have Mike
as part of their name- either naturally or by deedpoll!

The  aeroplane-  classic kit  but 914 and Arplast  V.P. prop. XS cowling
and baggage bay.

We are all looking forward to flying it in the next few weeks, best of luck
to all builders,
the results are  "awesome" in the true dictionary sense.