Re: rudder cable pulleys

Subject: Re: rudder cable pulleys
From: bizzarro@easynet.co.uk
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 13:22:35
Hi Steve

That is correct isn't it? The pulley is mounted on spacers to bring it in
towards the centre of the tunnel, and the seat belt attachment point goes
underneath the pulley. I think that this is done to prevent the rudder
cables from fouling on the tank or sides of the cockpit module. The
reason I remember this is because I made the same assumption as I think
you are making, however, if you look from the back of the AC towards the
pulley, you will see that they have to be spaced in on order to clear.

Take care

Eddie

Quoting John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>:

> Forwarded from the bounce bin.  Message is from
> "steve" <msl99@quixnet.net>

> I was measuring for the installation of the rudder cable pulley
> and seat > belt attachment points when I encountered a problem.  The
figure
> in > chapter 17 (fig.6) shows that the distance of the forward edge of
> the > embedded metal hard point should be at least 80 mm from the seat
> back > edge, with a value more like 90 mm being practical to keep some
> separation between the seat belt attachment hole and the edge of
> the > installed pulley.  The problem is, on my XS module the distance is
> only > 76 mm.  This means if a I follow the diagram exactly, the seat
> belt hole > is underneath the pulley.  Even if I fudge a little and
allow less
> than > 15 mm from the hard point edge for the seat belt hole, the best I
> can do > is place the hole so that it intersects some portion of the
metal
> edge.  > This doesn't sound right to me. Has anyone else encountered
this?
> I'd > hate to have to rip out the hard point and install a new one, or
> even > add an extension, but those are probably my only two options.
Any
> > ideas?  (BTW, same situation on both sides).
>
> Steve Leisch
>

> The Europa List is supported by Aviators Network UK -
> info@avnet.co.uk

/////Eddie Hatcher Bill Lams Nick Crisp///////
///SouthEastLondonFlyingGroup/////////////////
www.crispsite.flyer.co.uk/newropa.htm

This message was sent by Easymail - http://www.easynet.co.uk/