Draft Europa CLub website - apologies

Subject: Draft Europa CLub website - apologies
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 21:40:34
My apologies to all the Netscape users who failed to gain access to
the Europa Club site I announced recently. Your difficulties are
entirely my fault. I made one small error in the pathname for a file,
and carelessly did not check the behaviour of the site with all
available browsers once uploaded. It may have given some versions of
other browsers problems too.

I believe I have now corrected that error, and humbly ask you to try
again. I hope I have not created new problmes for other browsers.

If you do have any problems with any of the pages, I'd appreciate
knowing what browser and version you are using, and what platform you
are running on (Mac, Windows, linux, etc). This information will help
me diagnose faults.

I have replied individually to all those who have given me feedback,
but thanks again in public for all your help.

You will recall that I gave two different URLs:

<http://www.europaclub.org.uk>

and:

<http://home.clara.net/rowil/europa/home.html>

The first is a redirection site, which works using frames, but as
presently set up has the unfortunate side-effect of masking all the
links on our site (including external ones) from your browser's
history and bookmark/hotlist/favourites mechanism. If you want to
pick up all the URLs for your own use, you'll have to start from the
second URL given above. PLEASE NOTE that we cannot guarantee that
will stay the same, so keep awake at the back! In the meantime we
will be trying to provide a more user-friendly access from our own
domain name.

regards

Rowland