Re: Height on trailer

Subject: Re: Height on trailer
From: J Moran <jmoran01@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 12:36:34
The prop is clearly higher than the fin when a blade is
vertical -- mine measures 76 inches, 77 if wings are not on the
trailer since the springs then raise it a bit. One can obviously
position the prop to avoid that being the high point, and I
always do this to avoid banging my knees into the low blades (
with the upper blades at eye level I put white gloves on the tips
to make them more obvious and to cushion any mishaps :-).

Prospective builders could be un-necessarily discouraged by the
stated height of 84 inches -- my garage door is 83 inches high
and the Europa fits easily. This with a fin mounted pitot which
adds 5.5 inches to the fin height of 74 for a total of 79.5
inches.  However, I do disconnect the trailer from the car before
backing it into the garage since my garage is perpendicular to
the driveway.

Don't know if  Europa's trailer designs have changed since I got
mine but an 8 to 10 inch height difference seems unlikely.
Again, anyone else measured the height lately?

John      N44EU