engine reliability [was: Squirrely handling]

Subject: engine reliability [was: Squirrely handling]
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 08:55:06

>Regarding performance and reliability of the
>Rotax  80bhp 912 engines Rowland Carson has probably got some numbers for
>the fleet that he could maybe publish please?

I'm not sure that I have! Do you mean the number of engine failures
experienced in the Europa fleet? I certainly have not attempted to
gather that info. Strangely, some pilots prefer not to advertise that
sort of occurrence!

I do have quite a lot of empty weights, engine/prop combinations
(some of which are stil only proposed) total airframe (not necesarily
same as engine) hours and first flight dates and have posted lists
here from time to time.

Would any combination of the above data be useful in this context?

regards

Rowland